German Pancakes

I made my first German Pancake!
1/2 stick of butter
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While it's heating put the butter in a pirex dish and then place the dish in the oven to melt the butter.
Beat the eggs well with a whisk then ad the remaining ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
When butter is melted, take dish out of the oven, pour in the batter and replace the dish in the oven.
I baked mine for 21 mintues but anywhere from 20-25 should be fine. Serve with syrup or fruit or anything you want really.

This is mine. It didn't get as pouffy as some of them get but it tasted well. The pic looks weird because I had cut it in half before I remembered to take a picture.
It tastes a lot like a thicker crepe. Don't let the crazy shape scare you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Tash, we make this recipe. My Mom made it for us when we were little. We called it "Popeye Pancakes" because of the way it puffed up. This is my go to recipe when I have nothing else planned. We usually just put syrup on it. It is yummy with whipped cream and cherry pie filling. I'm glad it worked for you.

Sophia said...

This is Brent's Favorite breakfast. He loves cooking it.. I had never even heard of it before.

I'm a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. One day I turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.

~Brigitte Bardot

Followers