Tonsils and Treats!

My tonsils are finally out! No more tonsillitis or strep for me.

The first picture is of my mouth, tonsil free and the second one is me at my mom's house, following surgery. I like to pretend that my face isn't really that chubby and that it's just from surgery swelling. LOL



Since surgery I have spent my time sleeping, popping pills (with the doctor's approval of course), eating soft foods and watching Food Network. I can't count how many hours I've spent watching Bobby, Alton, Giada, Paula and others. And then there are the cookbooks. I've poured through dozens of cookbooks and food magazines. It was sort of torture, not being able to eat good foods but watch meal after tasty meal being prepared. But it was also a good thing because it sparked my interest in cooking again. I've always loved food, you could even call me a foodie, but lately I've slacked when it comes to cooking and baking.

But not anymore! I have so many ideas and can't wait to get started. I also have a new goal for my cooking and this blog. Once school starts I'm going to be very busy and won't have any time to cook except for the weekends. But I don't want to let my lack of time get in the way of my new cooking enthusiasm. So every weekend I'm going to cook a full meal including a dessert. I hope I'll have time to cook more than just one meal, that way I'll have good food for the rest of the week, but I want to only commit to one full meal at this point. I'll record my meals, recipes and ideas here on my blog and hopefully those of you who read it will get ideas of your own.

I'm not planning on cooking a full meal this weekend but I do have a food project planned. What could it be you ask.



Well it's a suprise and you'll just have to wait!

To Be Continued...

0 comments:

I'm a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. One day I turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.

~Brigitte Bardot

Followers