New Beginnings

"It take's courage to grow up and be who you really are."
~ e.e. cummings




I haven't written a post in over 2 months. I know some of you hang on my every word and have probably been having panic attacks due to my absence. Too those people, I'm sorry. To the rest of you, deal with it!

Actually, a lot has happened in the last 2 months. I moved to a condo in S. Provo where I only have one roommate and I'm pretty much allowed to be myself and do what I want (boo to BYU approved housing!!). I've started classes again and by the end of the semester I'll be a few steps closer to an associates degree. It's not much but it's a move in the right direction.

And last but not least, after much thought and consideration and trust in my instincts, I've left the LDS church. I know that's a big thing to put in a blog, especially one that's read by family and friends, many of who are LDS. So far, my family and friends who know (both LDS and non-LDS) have been supportive. I didn't jump into this lightly. I've been thinking about this for about 3 years and I had to be honest with myself about how I felt about the church and my beliefs. My befliefs about lots of issues differ greatly from those of the church. I still think the church teaches some good values and I know many great and wonderful people who are memebers. I want you to know that I don't hate the church or it's memebers. And I understand if it's hard from some people to understand why I left, but I hope that doesn't change any of my relationships with any of my friends or family.

I was going to write a whole lot more but once I started it sounded all weird so I decided to stop for today. But I'll try to write more, especially about some recipes I'll be trying out and some new projects I'll be getting into.


2 comments:

Kate said...

I still love and support you no matter what. I'm glad you're finally doing something for yourself. Miss you girlie!

Tasha said...

Thanks Kate! I miss you and I miss Seattle! We need to plan a meetup there!!! And I'm being serious.

I'm a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. One day I turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.

~Brigitte Bardot

Followers