Oh, the things I could do.

Henry Rollins said, "Life is full of choices, if you have the guts to go for it." He also goes on to say that he hates people who complain how boring their life is. I think it's safe to say he'd hate me. I'm slowly realizing that if I want my life to be interesting, I need to make it that way and not wait around for someone else to make it interesting for me.

This week I thought about ways I could make my life more interesting and then that got me thinking about things I want to do. Which brings us to MY LIST. There is a great website called 43things. There you can make a list of up to 43 things you want to do. They also have the companion sites 43places and 43people. It's great to see what people want to do. I use to have a list on there and one of the things I wanted to do was get a tattoo and I did that. :) Now here are 5 things that were also on my list (in no particular order).
p.s. The spacing may all be jacked. Blogspot is being weird. And if you can't see everything on the list as well as a pic to go with each one, just refresh and it should work.


1. Learn how to make Chinese Dumplings


These little bundles of joy are a favorite of mine. Purses of Perfection. I have a favorite frozen brand I buy but I'd love to make my own. I know they involve a lot of skill and time, but that would make them even more satisfying in the end.

2. Learn how to silk screen

Nothing would be cooler than designing something and then making my own t-shirts with that design.

3. Hike the Appalacian Trail

Probably the most unrealistic on my list, but ever since I've seen a documentary on it, I've wanted to hike it. It's a 2175 trail from Maine to Georgia (even though I'd probably hike it backwards). Depending on your skills it can take anywhere from 3 months to 6 to hike. Sometimes there are places you can rent a space to sleep and sometimes there are wooden decks built to sleep on, but sometimes you're sleeping on the ground, day in and day out. If you start your hike to early you'll have a little (or a lot of) snow. But the scenery is beautiful and for me I could see it being a very personal, getting to know myself experience.
4. Practice yoga for 30 days in a row
I use to do yoga almost everyday (it helped a lot that it was a college class so I HAD to go). I was in better shape and I felt good, mentally and physically. I'd love to get back to that. Yoga was hard as hell but relaxing at the same time. It would be a rewarding challenge to do it for 30 days in a row.
5. Travel to Istanbul

I don't remember when I first became interested in Istandbul, but it's a place that I've always wanted to visit. It seems like this past year as been enforcing that desire since it seems that Istanbul keeps popping up everywhere for me, in books, magazines, tv, random pictures of Hagia Sofia. It is very beautiful and has a feel that appeals to me.

0 comments:

I'm a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. One day I turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.

~Brigitte Bardot

Followers