Today I made a tasty breakfast of Eggs in a Basket with tomatoes and basil.

I cut a hole in the middle of 2 slices of sourdough bread with a cup. Then I fried 1 side of the bread in butter. When that was brown I flipped it over and cracked the egg into the hole. Then I added some fresh cracked pepper and salt. I let that cook for a minute or two then flipped it all over again. When the eggs where cooked I put it on a plate.

I layered one egg in a basket then some sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper and then some basil. Then I added the other egg in a basket, put on more tomatoes and then more salt and pepper and basil.

It was SOOOOOO good! I couldn't believe how amazing it was and it took only minutes to make.

I can wait for summer when there will be tons of fresh veggies and fruits to cook with. I went to Pizzeria 712 again recently. I need to try more foods there because I keep getting the braised beef on polenta with horseradish whipped cream and beef consume. It's amazing and I can't seem to get enough but I really want to try their macaroni and cheese sometime. I have some asparagus and some leftover blackened salmon from CPK so I might mix that with pasta and cream tonight.

I have plans for some tasty cupcakes that will be baked tomorrow: white cupcakes with cherry frosting and maybe more strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Both options sound so good. :) I also have plans for reorganizing my kitchen space. Since I share with 3 other girls, I really only get a small amount of space...but since I'm a notoriously messy person, I am always needing to reorganize my area so everything can fit.

Sunday is one of my favorite days because the Food Network shows episodes of Nigella Lawson's cooking shows (Nigella Bites and Nigella Feasts). I wish that show was on more often because she cooks food I want to eat.

Ok, it's back to my spring cleaning projects!

0 comments:

I'm a girl from a good family who was very well brought up. One day I turned my back on it all and became a bohemian.

~Brigitte Bardot

Followers